How to Change Oil in a 2002 Audi
- 1). Turn on the car and let the engine run for about 10 to 15 minutes to warm up the oil and increase its viscosity.
- 2). Drive the car up on to the ramps to raise its front end and make the oil pan more accessible. If you are using a floor jack, position it under each jack point located behind each front wheel and position a jack stand underneath on each side to support the car.
- 3). Slide under the car. Pry off the plastic rivets that secure the plastic under tray to the car to remove it, using a flat-head screwdriver.
- 4). Open and secure the car's hood. Unscrew the oil filler cap in the engine compartment to release the pressure in the engine's crankcase and help the oil flow out when you drain it.
- 5). Position the oil drain pan under the car and unscrew the oil drain plug screw, using the 19 mm socket. The drain plug screw is located on the passenger side of the oil pan.
- 6). Allow the oil to drain out of the oil pan completely for approximately 15 minutes and screw the oil drain plug screw back into place.
- 7). Insert the plastic funnel into the oil filler neck at the top of the engine and slowly pour five quarts of oil into the engine.
- 8). Screw the oil filler cap back on tightly and shut the hood to complete the oil change. Lower the vehicle to the ground.