How to Adjust Noisy Valves in a 1965 GTO
- 1). Remove the valve cover's securing bolts with a socket wrench. The valve cover is the 18-inch long piece of metal located on the top of the cylinder head, between the intake manifold and the exhaust manifold.
- 2). Lift the valve cover off of the engine to access the rocker arms.
- 3). Start the engine.
- 4). Turn the adjusting nut in the center of any one rocker arm in a clockwise direction with a socket wrench just until that rocker arm stops producing the ticking sound.
- 5). Rotate the adjusting nut an additional 1/2-turn in a clockwise direction.
- 6). Adjust the remaining valves in the same manner.
- 7). Turn the engine off.
- 8). Remove the gasket from the inner edge of the valve cover.
- 9). Apply engine sealer to a new valve cover gasket and press the gasket into the cover.
Lower the valve cover onto the cylinder head and tighten the cover's bolts with the socket wrench.
Related Posts "Cars & Vehicles"
7/11/2019 12:28:00 PM
7/11/2019 12:11:00 AM